Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sirloin Tip Roast Dinner Party

sirloin tip roast... and yes granny's china made another appearance
I had the honor of having a few friends over to try out my latest lesson in cooking.  For the first time I pulled out my crockpot and gave it a whirl to make my first, yes my first, roast.  I am not much of a meat gal, but I figured my poor husband deserved some red meat after 5 years of marriage.  So when I saw the Publix guy describing how to cook it to someone else I took a deep breath and bought my first Sirloin Tip Roast.

It turned out delicious!  And guess what Mamitas... it is oh so easy!!!  Three cheers for my new crock pot. 

Ingredients:
Sirloin Tip (mine was 2 1/2 pounds)
2 packets (1 box) of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup
Potatoes 
Carrots (I greatly dislike cooked carrots so I opted out on these orange veggies and made some grilled asparagus instead)
Water (I used about 2 1/2 cups)
Butter

Directions:
1. Sear/brown the meat in a pan with melted butter or oil (my friend said she skips this when she is in a hurry and it turns out just fine)
2. Mix the soup packs and water in the crockpot and throw in the roast (my roast was mostly under water, but not covered so I flipped it over once or twice since I was afraid it might dry out)
3. Turn crockpot on low 8-10 hrs (I did 10 hrs)
4. About 1 1/2 hrs before eating time toss in your potatoes and carrots (peeled of course!)
5. Enjoy!!! 

The finished product just falls apart into juicy, tender pieces.  Potatoes had great flavor and were tender but not mushy.  I served it with grilled asparagus (olive oil, garlic salt, and a shake of red pepper), and hot dinner rolls.  All in all I was pleased.  Glad I tried something new!  


No comments:

Post a Comment