Sunday, October 16, 2011

Popcicle Stick Puzzles

I made these for a Toddler Grab Bag Swap. They are easy to make, fabulously inexpensive, and so much fun I made more than I needed for the Swap.
Materials:
  • Popsicle sticks (large are better for toddlers)
  • Old magazines
  • Glue (I liked the glue stick best)
  • Scissors
  • Tape (I used blue painter tape)
  • Xacto knife





Step 1 - Find colorful pictures and cute them out. I found this owl, isn't he cute?!















Step 2 - Prepare your popsicle sticks. Line up the appropriate amount of
sticks for your picture and place some blue tape to hold them together.













Step 3 - Paste your picture. I found that glue stick ALL OVER your picture works best. I also placed an
outline in regular Elmer's glue just for good measure. Now sit back and let it DRY.



































Step 4 - Cut it up. Take an Xacto knife and run it down the edge of each stick.





Step 5 - Remove tape and have FUN!

3 comments: